Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Developer Channel

3 USB Flash Drives stacked.Image via WikipediaA couple of days ago I made the decision to run my CR-48 on the developer channel as opposed to the beta channel.  I know that you run the risk of more bugs in the developer channel, but I was anxious to see how the extended file system worked.
So I made the switch and immediately downloaded the developer version of Chrome OS for the CR-48 and found that the extended file system worked well for the USB flash drives and SD cards I inserted.The built-in file browser pops up and displays the contents of the flash drive and clicking on a file in the browser displays it appropriately in the browser window.  Nice job Google.
But that wasn't all.  Last night there was an update available for the developer channel.  I installed that one also (actually, it kind of happens automatically), but I'm not sure what's changed in this version. The trackpad seems to be more responsive. And some of the fonts seems sharper, but that's kind of a subjective observation.

I'll poke around and see if I can find out what might have changed in the latest version of the developer channel.  Love the CR-48.  It's everything I hoped it would be so far!

Here's a screen shot of the current versions installed on my CR-48:


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment