Monday, January 10, 2011

What is Google's Chrome OS?

Google Chrome OS ConceptImage by FreeCliDent via FlickrOkay.  I talked a little about the hardware, and I'm sure I skipped over a couple of things, but anyway, I remain a fan of the hardware overall.  Spartan, but handsome.  Nice size, fit and feel.

So onto the operating system:  Chrome OS.  The operating system is the software that runs the computer, creating the interface between the user and the hardware.  And before I get into too much CR-48 specific information on Chrome OS, I thought I'd share a link to a comic on the Google Chrome Help site that explains what Google Chrome OS is and the design considerations that went into its development.  As you read the comic, you'll understand what Chrome OS is and how its design makes for safe and secure browsing and how cloud-based computing makes this OS a delight to use.

Find the comic here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment