Thursday, January 6, 2011

Scored A Google CR-48 Notebook

Picture of the new release of Google Chrome OSImage via WikipediaOn December 9th, 2010, I filled out the application for a Google Chrome OS based notebook.  This pilot program is known as the Google Chrome CR-48 beta test program.  On December 20th, there was a box sitting on my porch, with no external markings.  Opening the box, I found a box with the rodent-powered rocket schematic that I knew was the cover art for the CR-48.
WOW!
Opened it up, and got right down to business.

What follows in the blog, is my impressions and findings in using the CR-48.  Things I like, things I don't like, things I love, things I hate.  I'll try to test everything there is to test.  I'll install all types of apps and extensions and try them all and report on them.

I'm not going to spend too much time on the hardware since the beta program is all about the software (Chrome OS), and not the notebook computer itself.  I do think the hardware is pretty slick, but more about that later.

Stay tuned while I learn all there is to know about this nifty little machine and the operating system it runs on.

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment