Friday, January 14, 2011

An OS Update On My Google CR-48 Notebook!

Last night, while working on my Google CR-48 notebook computer, I noticed that the wrench icon had changed.  There was a little orange dot (at least it looked like a dot) below the wrench.  So I opened the menu and found that by clicking on the About entry that a new version of the Chrome OS had been installed, and I only needed to restart my notebook for the changes to take effect.

So, I restarted immediately.  And what did I see?  Nothing obvious, but I did realize quite quickly that the issues with the track pad seem to have been resolved.  I can now smoothly scroll up and down using two fingers and the right click capability of tapping with two fingers seems much more accurate.  This fix is huge for me since it's been a pain to scroll when reading long web pages or editing documents or spreadsheets.  I had found a work-around that I described in an earlier post, but having the track pad work as designed is much preferred.

I don't know yet what else has been fixed.  I'll do a little research and experimentation to see if I can find anything else.  Until then, I need to do some real work.  Back later!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment